Gemstoneuniverse Facebook Contests-Winning and Tips
â€œDieting is the only game where you win when you lose!â€
Dear Fans, Patrons, Contest Participants,
At the time of writing this piece (16th February 2016) the Gemstoneuniverse community is at 1,98,756 fans and we are approaching the magic milestone of 2,00,000 fans.
This is a huge moment for us for itâ€™s you that keeps us dedicated, centred to our vision and it is your inputs on our page that constantly motivate us to go a notch higher. Thank you.
The Gemstoneuniverse community
The Gemstoneuniverse community is largely made up of fans who are interested in the Astrological Powers of the nine gemstones, precious gemstones and their properties, gemstone lovers, members of the gemstone trade, hobbyists, gemology students and amateurs interested in the field of Gemstones and Gemstone Astrology.
Most of the Fans first visit Gemstoneuniverse.com for some information by various agencies like the search engine, social networks, word of mouth etc and some of them become fans if they like the information that is present on Gemstoneuniverse.
We are currently atÂ million plus visitors a Year and growing which is quite a huge number for a niche subject like Planetary Gem Therapy and Astrological Gemstones. Note that we do not discuss general astrology.
However, upon closer inspection of our community we have seen a new trend and a new kind of Â fan emerging. This new fan is the contest lover and upon statistical analysis we find that around 15% of our Gemstoneuniverse community is now made by the â€œContest Loverâ€. This has been the trend for the last 1.5 years where contest fans are increasing. The avid contest lovers participate in several contests of many pages and not just the Gemstoneuniverse page.
Why we run contests
Following are some of the reasons why we run contests:
– At Gemstoneuniverse.com we do not provide a free gem recommendation. For reasons please click here. The most valuable prize in the contests is the Precious Vedic Gem Recommendation from the worldâ€™s foremost authority on Gemstone Therapy. These contests provide an opportunity to some visitors who may have limited financial resources that deter them from going for a paid consultation but still they are genuinely interested in getting the correct recommendation.
– Most of the contests are centred on questions related to Astrological Gemstones in a simple, fun way. These are a great resource especially for beginners to get correct information about gemstones and gem therapy without getting into heavy duty Gem Therapy information. Many of the interactions are really interesting and some of the myths around Gemstones and Gem therapy come out in the responses to the contest questions.
– In addition to providing quality information to our community that we post daily on the page we would like our page to be interactive and engaging. A sizeable number of fans are also from the 18-24 year age group and they find these contests a fun way to engage on the page.
– Please note that we have not sold anything on our page since inception till today.
What Kind of contests we run and what are terms and conditions
For now two decades Gemstoneuniverse prides itself by being a â€œNo Fine Printâ€ in the policy organization. There are several contests that are run year round but the most consistent contests are two in number:
– Fan of the Month– This is a simple contest where the fan of the month is one who engages maximum on the page. This engagement is just a numerical engagement and one can see the leader board on the top menu bar of the Gemstoneuniverse Facebook Page. Any rules: The only rule is if an individual wins the fan of the month once then they cannot be winner of the fan of the month for next 6 months. It is that simple. This gives everyone a level playing field since the leader board is open to viewing by one and all.
– Answer the Question contests-This is a contest wherein we ask a question about Gemstones, Gemstones Astrology etc and there is one winner for one contest. Currently we run 3-4 such contests per week.
Misgivings regarding the question contests
Some of the contest players have had some kind of dissatisfaction regarding the winners. Some of the common misgivings in real userâ€™s words are listed below:
– Never win on your page.
– My Answer was first and everyone else copied my answer.
– I have been playing your contests for 6 months now but I never win.
– Mera Number Kab Aaayega
– Unfair- Never win with you.
– I think all awards are given to relatives of staff of Gemstoneuniverse
Reasons listed above form the crux of the majority of misgivings.
How are contest winners chosen and respect for statistics?
All previous contests and contest winners exist on the Gemstoneuniverse page and before having a misgiving it will be worth while to check the contests and the winners. That being said contest winners are chosen by a proprietary algorithm with no human intervention-that has around 90+ criteria.Â The primary qualification being the correct answer. Some of the criteria are user engagement on page, length of time user has participated on page, quality of interaction, interaction of user with other fans etc. Please note the words- No Human Intervention.
The amount of interaction in terms of likes, shares, comments, tagging etc is so high that it is not humanly possible for us to monitor every single thing to perfection. We have a million visitors and the fans are touching 2,00,000 and many fans tag their friends also in the posts and invite them to play/ participate in the contests.
We are neither a FMCG company that sells anything on the page and doles out prizes to promote a product etc.Â Evaluating the data above you can very well calculate the odds of winning.
Besides your correct answer which may be the answer given by several users the only factor here at Play is Your Luck
An Exceptional Fan
In the month of January 2016 we had a male contest winner. The amazing thing after he was the contest winner was that, we analysed and found out that he has been participating on the page not just on contests but on several posts for past 4 years. He has been participating without winning for 4 years. Guess what, even after winning He is participating- not a single inbox message- not a single complaint. He is an amazing Gemstoneuniverse fan and who would not like to have such dedicated people as a part of the community.
Most of the fans who exclusively participate in the contest just for winning sadly but truly vanish after they have won an award and this is the segment from where the misgivings are coming.
Some of these Fans have never even visited the Gemstoneuniverse website and also have no idea what we are all about.
You are a part of the community and we value you but before having a misgiving. Respect statistics; believe in yourself and your luck. We can also wish you the same without gaming the system and sending us a mail stating you are participating for a long time etc. will not make a difference.
Play and Win-Good Luck!
Gemstoneuniverse-The Gold Standard in Planetary Gemology