Recently we received a question from one of our patrons that says:
I was reading Guruji’s article about gemstone therapy and not removing one’s gemstone after wearing it at an auspicious time. I have tried to follow this rule but have one question. After prolonged use, soap scum and lotion residue build up beneath the gemstone in the area where the gemstone touches the finger. Is it alright to remove the gemstone for just a few minutes (occasionally, let’s say once every month) to clean the gemstone and wear it again on the auspicious day for the gemstone?
Also – sometimes the gemstone slips off of the finger by accident for a few seconds – can one put the ring back on immediately after it slips off the finger?
Such questions are received periodically by us, hence this write up:
How to clean your Planetary Gemstone ring
Here is the method that gives good results:
- Clean your gemstone rings and pendant once every month so that scintillation remains and the gemstones provide maximum reflection of light besides looking beautiful.
- Choose the correct day for cleaning. Each Gemstone has its unique day. The list is given below.
- Use a gentle soft solution or a mild detergent as the cleansing solution. Keep away from harsh detergents and Jewelry cleaning solutions.
- If there is not a lot of dirt then simply take the ring till the edge of the finger and use a new cotton ear bud to wipe off the dirt.
- If there is a lot of dirt take a new Toothbrush with Gentle bristles and dip it in the mild soap solution. Take the Gemstone ring till the edge of the finger and clean the below surface. Keep this toothbrush separate as a part of your Gemstone cleaning kit.
- Wash with plain, clean water after clearing the dust and the dead skin if any.
- Push the ring back into its original position.
By using this method in no manner your ring leaves body contact. With a little bit of practice you can do it easily.
Days for cleaning your Gemstones:
|Gemstones||Preferred Day of Cleaning the Gemstone|
|Ruby, Red Garnet, Spinel and all Sun Gemstones||Sunday|
|Natural Pearl, Blue Sheen Moon and all Moon Gemstones||Monday|
|Red Coral, Cat’s Eye, Carnelian and all Mars and Ketu Gemstones||Tuesday|
|Emerald, Peridot, Onyx and all mercury Gemstones||Wednesday|
|Yellow Sapphire, Yellow Topaz ,Heliodor and all Jupiter Gemstones||Thursday|
|Diamond, White Sapphire, White Topaz and Venus, clear white quartz Gemstones||Friday|
|Blue Sapphire, Iolite, Amethyst, Agate ,Hessonite Garnet, Lapis Lazuli and all Saturn and Rahu Gemstone||Saturday|
Be very careful when cleaning Organic Gemstones like Red Coral and Natural pearl and also Gemstones that have less hardness like Emerald. Use a mild soap solution, mild detergent solution or solution of your bathing bar. Stay away from harsh detergents and Jewelry cleaning kits.
Putting the Shine Back
Sometimes the lustre and shine of your Red Coral or Emerald may appear less after cleaning. This is quite natural. Just apply a tiny bit of your face cream to the surface and your gemstone regains its glitter and Shine.
Accidental slipping of the ring
Just put it back right away. No effects on the results are noticed.
<p >©1999-2011, Gemstoneuniverse.com, All rights reserved.
Gemstoneuniverse-The Gold Standard in Planetary Gemology
Copyright © Gemstoneuniverse.com. All materials presented here is protected by copyright laws.Unauthorized copying, duplication, transmission for commercial purposes, plagiarism will attract severe legal penalities. More-Information.
comments powered by Disqus